Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanks, Ken Min...Shukriya and Dhanyavad!

Ken Min made it possible for me to meet my characters face to face and the breathless wait ended two days after Thanksgiving in a most pleasant way!
While the author of a picture book is permitted to submit illustration notes, hobnobbing with the illustrator is a big no no! So, short of keeping both fingers crossed there was not much else to do other that hope for the best outcome. Ken did not disappoint. I should have known this when I found out he had begun researching for this project in the Little India neighborhood of Los Angeles and also when he dropped me a line to say he would be treating the text with utmost respect. I was instantly smitten! Ken's whimsical illustrations embellish the story line and capture the humor of the story in an endearing way. His interpretation is creative and spot on. His use of color and medium....well, in short, I couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank you, Ken for bringing the characters, setting, and events of HHRFD come alive so brilliantly.
Please visit Ken's blog for further information about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment